This page originally started off as a useful way of keep track of stuff I wanted. To be honest, it started off over at Yahoo Notepad and then, for a while, as an Amazon wishlist (until I realised I wanted stuff that Amazon doesn't sell). Once or twice a year, people start asking me what I want for my birthday/christmas. I never have any idea at all. However, I frequently bump into cool reviews of books/films/comics/whatever that I want to have. So I decided to keep track of it somewhere that other people could get access to, to save all that tedious questioning.
Rest assured that I don't actually expect people to buy me stuff, and this isn't here as a begging list for my birthday (21st August, if you're interested). It's actually here primarily so that when I have some money I remember what the really cool thing was that I wanted. If anyone wants to buy me a brain that remembers stuff, I can ditch this page and pretend to be a normal human being.
- Slim Remote MP3 Player (or two)
- That seems to be it.
- The Flood by David Maine
- Peopleware : Productive Projects and Teams, 2nd Ed. by Tom Demarco, Timothy Lister
- The Big Time by Fritz Leiber
- The Knights of the Limits by Barrington J. Bayley
- Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb?
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville
- Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian
- A short treatise on the great virtues by Andre Comte-Sponville
- It Ain't Necessarily So by Richard Lewontin
- The Evolution Man by Roy Lewis
- Beside Still Waters: Searching for Meaning in an Age of Doubt
- Broken Angels by Richard Morgan
- Something More by Paul Cornell
Note: not all available yet
- Akira 1-6
- Snakes and Ladders - Alan Moore
- Delicate Creatures
- THE BIRTHDAY RIOTS - Nabiel Kanan